Thursday, 8 January 2009

2009 Reading Challenge


In a desperate effort to reduce the amount of time I have to quilt even further I'm doing a reading challenge this year.

The aim is to read 100+ books over the course of the next 12 months. I'm under no illusion that I'll reach the magic number - that's two books a week folks! - but at the end of the year I'd like to be able to look back over the books I've read. I used to get a lot more reading done before I moved to my current job as I had a 45 minute bus ride in each direction. Now I work much closer to home and only have 15 minutes each way but I've decided to commit to reading for a minimum of 30 minutes before I go to bed each night.

My list will appear here and be updated as the year progresses.

Now Reading
The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent
Bolter by Frances Osbourne
The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale

The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall (abandoned for the moment)

Completed Books Total = 17

Fiction
1. Light My Fire by Katie MacAllister
2.
Holy Smoke by Katie MacAllister
3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (****)
4. The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris (****)
5. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
(**)
6.
December by Elizabeth H Winthrop (***)
7. The Brutal Art by Jesse Kellerman (****)
8. The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite by Beatrice Colin (***)
9. For Lust or Money by Kate Hoffman (trashy M&B)
10.Married or Not by Annette Broadrick (more trashy M&B)
11. Ian's Ultimate Gamble by Brenda Jackson (even more trashy M&B)

12. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (****)
13. The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway (**)
14. The Luminous Life of Lily Aphrodite by Beatrice Colin (****)


Non-fiction Books
1. Stash-Busting Quilts by Lynne Edwards

Audio Books
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (UK version)
2. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (UK version)