Monday, 12 January 2009

Baby Bowties

When I got the jelly roll to make my Millie's Garden quilt I also got some charm packs because it was on sale and who can resist fabric that has been marked down? Well not me it seems!



So this little baby was made using one of the charm packs (still got two left) and a couple of leftover strips from the jelly roll. It's now I confess that I didn't much fancy doing all those set in seams on the bowties so I cheated and appliqued the 'knots' on top of a four patch. But hey there are no quilt police so as long as I enjoyed myself. If you look closely you'll see there a still two to be done.

As soon as that is done it will be ready to quilt and I've got a scrumptious pink fleece for the backing. It's a bit unfortunate (in the nicest possible way) that i have a new nephew and not a niece as this would have made a beautiful cot quilt for a little baby girl. So I may just donate this one to Project Linus.