Saturday, 14 February 2009

Cadbury's Chocolate Boxes

Next up on the roll of shame ... Cadbury's Chocolate Boxes - and how appropriate for Valentine's Day!

So called because the fabric range is Moda Chocolat with each design being named after a type of chocolate. And everyone on this side of the pond knows that Cadbury make the best chocolate! And for reference Cadbury's chocolate in the US is not the same as that in the UK being made by Hershey's to a different recipe.


This time I'm following a pattern from a book called "Nickel Quilts" by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode. I have no idea why charm squares are called Nickels and perhaps someone can enlighten me.

This book is a feast for the eyes with lots of fantastic patterns for using up charms and of course your scraps. There are a number of patterns in this book that call to me but I started on this one - a variation on the stretched star block.

The fabric colours (and the chocolate) remind me of something warm and comforting so I'm thinking about putting some flannel on the back of the finished quilt. I can just imagine myself curled up on a seat by the fire snuggling into the quilt. I've never worked with flannel before so that will be an interesting experience.

Anyway, no chocolate for me today as I'm on a diet ...