Friday, 2 January 2009

Hello world!

So here we are - a new year and a new start for Quilts Ecosse!

It's that time of year when we think about what we've achieved over the past year and make plans for the next 12 months.

High on my list of priorities is to make a dent in my stack of UFOs. Last year I at last got around to organising them - moving them from assorted plastic bags strewn in various places around the flat and putting them in clear boxes along with the relevant patterns and fabrics needed to complete them. To my shame I had to keep returning to the shop to buy more boxes but eventually there they were in all their glory and if I can muster enough bravery I may even show you one day!

The upshot is that there is now no way to avoid the issue any more. They are no longer hidden in their bags in cupboards and on top of wardrobes but staring me in face each time I open the door. So what have I done so far this year?

Well ... and I put it down to the fact that I've had the flu for the past week and haven't set foot outside the door other than to stock up on painkillers and tissues ... I've started a blog and two new quilts!!!!! Oh well, the intention was good.

I stopped by Bonnie Hunter's blog at Quiltville to discover that she's running a new mystery quilt. The enthusiasm of everyone on the yahoo group was so inspiring that I pulled out some of those boxes and picked out some FQs that will hopefully look good together. I'll let you see them next time around once I've figured out how to upload photos to this thing. I've been busy cutting out squares and triangles for the first clue and as I'm not the quickest rotary cutter in the box I'm already falling behind but no matter.

While hunting through that multitude of boxes I came across some civil war reproduction charms and decided to use them for a tumbler quilt as I've seen a few on blogs over the past year and much admired them. Again watch this space for progress on this one.

So it's 2 January 2009 and the new year resolution isn't going too well yet but I'm having some fun and my nose isn't quite as red as it was yesterday, so welcome to world Quilts Ecosse!

Alba