Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Hexagons and more hexagons!

I thought you all might like to see this unusual hexagon quilt I came across in Australian magazine Down Under Quilts. If you sign up to their newsletter you get a free 6 month subscription to the digital version of the magazine. I've been browsing some great articles and sighing over lovely quilt patterns, and this is where I found this beauty. Take a look by clicking on the picture below.

Look Inside >>

Issue 124, September 2008

It's fussy cut hexagons surrounded by log cabin strips. I love the use of Japanese fabrics and sashiko in the hexies. A great combination of traditional techniques and so unusual that I think I'll need to file it away for future use ... well maybe not too far into the future! [laughs]

Or what about this one - whirligigs in hexagons! Oh dear, I think this magazine will be doing some serious damage to my stack of WIPs! I'm off to do some more browsing.

Look Inside >>
Issue 122, July 2008