Friday, 23 January 2009

The Power of 10

As promised here's some details of the Power of 10 way to get some of those UFOs out of the cupboard and on to the bed! And even better - freeing you up to start some new projects. How bad can that be?

It goes something like this ...

  • Make a list of 10 projects you would like to finish.

  • Write a list any supplies that you'll need to finish your projects.

  • Here's the good part - drop by your local quilt shop to get the things on your supplies list. Woo hoo - a reason to go shopping and it's for things that will help you get quilts finished so DH can't complain!!

  • Begin working on one of your projects but you're only allowed to spend 3 hours on it.

  • When your 3 hours are up, put it away and move on to the next project on your list. Apparently you start to lose interest after three hours.

  • Carry on working through your list, working for 3 hours on each, and when you get to the bottom go back to the top.

  • Keep a note of the number of hours you've worked on each project.

  • If a project looks like it will take 4 hours to complete just go ahead and finish it so you can cross it off your list.

  • When you finish a project .... add a new one to the list. And give yourself a pat on the back!

Now I don't know about you but it can take me 3 hours to gather all my bits and bobs and get seated at the sewing machine. So I'm going to adapt this a little. For my rule of 10 I'm going to work for 10 hours before I rotate.

Have you tried the Power of 10? If so, let me know how you got on!

And just so this post isn't all words here's a photo of my DN - a self portrait - and don't those nasal hairs just look fantastic ... laughs!