Thursday, 26 August 2010

RIP Patchwork Puss

oday my beautiful friend passed over and my heart is broken.  After holding her own through her illness for several months she finally took a turn for the worse on Tuesday.  She was not eating or drinking and her breathing was difficult.  So it was with a heavy heart that I helped her move on this morning.  Even shortly before we were due to leave for the vet she was happily purring away as I petted her and giving me a nudge if I dared to stop.  I like to think that this was here way of telling me that it was alright to let go.

I shall miss you dreadfully my sweet.  You helped me through some of the most difficult times of my life and I will always be thankful that you chose to come home with me from the shelter.
Sleep well my love.

















Millie, the Patchwork Puss
26 November 1995 - 26 August 2010